Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mazel Tov Worthy, Or What?

Such a nice couple

The news that Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew are getting re-hitched, thanks to Kate Middleton running interference on their behalf, has warmed the SJG's heart on this semi-chilly Sherman Oaks morning. I have it on so-so authority that the conversation between Kate and the Queen went something like this:

Kate: "A little toe-sucking, a little nudity. It's all in the past, Granny. Just another royal scandal no one remembers. Let it go, already."
Queen: "I think not. She's so uncouth."
Kate: "She's plenty couth."
Queen: "Since when?"
Kate: "Since she took that online course on couthiness."
Queen: "Cuppa tea? Chocolate bikkie?"
Kate: "Don't change the subject, Granny."
Queen: "I'm the Queen, you know."
Kate: "Yes, you are. And as Queen, you need the world to see how forgiving you are."
Queen: "I'm not in the business of forgiveness. A beheading goes a long way."
Kate: "Granny!"
Queen: "I'm kidding."
Kate: "You're so naughty."
Queen: "I try."
Kate: "Now Granny, seriously, you must give Andy and Fergie your blessing or they can't re-wed. I can assure you based on the one time I bumped into her at Marks & Sparks that Fergie is a changed personage."
Queen: "If you say so."
Kate: "So you'll give them your blessing?"
Queen: "Maybe."
Kate: "Come on, Granny. Bitterness does not become you."
Queen: "I'm not paying for the wedding."
Kate: "That's only fair."
Queen: "And if she dances topless at the reception, I'll simply have to throw her in the tower."
Kate: "No one would blame you."

No comments:

Post a Comment