Sunday, November 16, 2014

You Gotta See...

"Kinky Boots"

In spring 2013, I had this conversation with Cindy of Telecharge, before heading to New York:

"What other shows you wanna see? How 'bout 'Kinky Boots'?"
"I'm seeing 'Lucky Guy.'"
"You gotta see 'Kinky Boots.' I got tickets for you. What night?"
"I don't think I'll have time."
"Come on, you gotta see 'Kinky Boots.' How 'bout a matinee?"
"I don't have time to see 'Kinky Boots,' Cindy."
"Well, listen, if you decide you have time, call me, and I'll find you tickets for 'Kinky Boots.'"
"I will."
"You better. Have a nice day. It's been a blast talkin' to you."
"You, too, Cindy."
"Last chance for 'Kinky Boots.'"
"Bye, Cindy."
"Okay, bye."

Well today, Cindy, at long last, I'm taking your advice. I'm seeing "Kinky Boots" with my brother John. In our hometown. And it better be good, Cindy. 'Cuz you said, "You gotta see 'Kinky Boots.'" So I'm seeing it, Cindy. I'm seeing "Kinky Boots." And I got high hopes, Cindy. High apple pie, in the sky hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment