Thursday, November 6, 2014

Meddlin' Mama

Connie Ray plays April's meddlin' mama
 tonight on "Grey's Anatomy."

"Hi, Connie. It's me. Calling all the way from Sherman Oaks. Guess what?"
"What?"
"I'm on 'Grey's Anatomy' tonight."
"Really?"
"Yep. I'm playing April's meddlin' mama."
"That's funny. I'm on 'Grey's Anatomy' playing April's meddlin' mama tonight, too."
"Wait, what?"
"You heard me."
"But -- "
"This is my 'all about me' moment. Not yours."
"That's harsh. You know I live vicariously through you."
"You need to stop doing that."
"Okay. I'm going to hang up and call you again."
"Good idea."
"Bye."
"Hi, Connie. It's me. I'm so excited to see you tonight on 'Grey's Anatomy' playing my meddlin' mama."
"Not your meddlin' mama. April's meddlin' mama."
"Oh. So you're saying I'm not actually on the show tonight?"
"Exactly."
"Got it. Well, I'm setting my DVR anyway, just in case I make a surprise appearance."

"Stop meddlin', mama."

No comments:

Post a Comment