Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Why Aren't You Voting?

The joy of voting. The joy of making a difference. The joy of choosing a candidate. The joy of... yeah, I know. It's not all that joyful. Personally, I haven't stepped foot in a voting booth in years. I vote by mail. I'm lazy that way. But that doesn't mean you can't get out there and vote today. Vote for me, if you feel like it. A vote for the SJG is a vote for... not that much, to be honest. But feel free to write my name in, anyway, so I can go on national tv and announce, "If elected, I will not serve anything but kugel." I'm not all that political, even though I was raised in a very political home. It was all, "Go McGovern!" My parents tended to back the non-winners more often than not. I don't think I've been excited about anyone since McGovern, and that was before I could even vote. But every year, every election, I vote. And then I wait for the results and try not to feel too upset that this one didn't get elected, or that proposition didn't pass, or maybe it passed when I didn't want it to, but either way, I voted. And, not to shame you too much, but you should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment