Monday, November 17, 2014

These Boots Are Made For...

Singing and dancing and big Broadway-style fun. 

Men dressed as women wearing boots. Red and sparkly, thigh-high boots. Not a look the SJG could pull off. Wonderful songs by Cyndi Lauper about, what else, boots. Boots, by the way, are a symbol of love and acceptance, fathers and sons, hopes and dreams. All this talk of boots, the triumph and the glory, the sassiness and the liberation of boots, served as a personalized reminder that I couldn't wear boots right now without howling in pain. A song about heel spurs -- on account of wearing boots -- would've made the SJG feel a little better about my current existence. But alas, "Sex is in the Heel," according to the show, and not in the unsexy orthotics I've been sentenced to insert into my shoes, forever. So, other than the tuneful subtext  that I'm seriously boot-deprived at the moment, I adored "Kinky Boots."

No comments:

Post a Comment