Monday, July 11, 2016

Where There's A Smoke Detector...

Sleep. Who needs it? I mean, seriously. What's the big deal with sleep? You don't accomplish all that much while you sleep. You can't cook a kugel while you sleep. You can't jog in place. What else can't you do? That's all I got. I'm a little groggy this morning. More like a total zombie. Why? I'll tell you why. Because the smoke detector went off at 4 a.m. Did you know smoke detectors are very, very loud? Well, they are. They are louder than loud. So loud they could bust an eardrum. I guess that's the point. If they weren't loud, you'd keep sleeping. And so, when one of the smoke detectors went off, God only knows which one, hubby and I spun into action. "What the eff?" hubby said, jumping out of bed, heroically. "What the eff is that?" I said, slowly sitting up. When he didn't answer, I repeated myself, something I do a lot these days. "WHAT THE EFF IS THAT?" "IT'S THE SMOKE DETECTOR!" "OH, EFF ME AND THE HORSE I RODE IN ON!" Then we got busy with the investigating. Hubby explored the upstairs region of the palatial estate. In the role of fetching sidekick, I took the downstairs. I'm happy to report that our crack detective team of two quickly concluded that the smoke detector had detected absolute bupkis. It just went off because it could. Such an important lesson in life. If you want to be heard, you've got to make some noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment