Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Man And His Donuts

Did I ever mention longtime hubby's first words? No, not to me. Those, I can't remember. I mean, come on, we were in 8th grade, when most guys could barely put a declarative sentence together. I'm talking about his very first words. According to his mother, aka my adorable mother-in-law, he was staring out the window and saw construction guys doing manly things. "Working man!" he said. Well, his very first words have pretty much defined his entire life. He did go into construction, the TV kind, where 30-second promos are built in editing bays. It's been a great ride. Of course, some days are better than others. Yesterday, he let out a heavy sigh, and it wasn't even 7 a.m. "What?" I asked, in the role of Supportive Spouse. "It's Friday," he said. "I gotta get donuts for the crew. Then I gotta go to a @#$%'n meeting." At this juncture, I started laughing, as I tend to do. "What's so funny?" "You." "Me? Why?" "Donuts and a @#$%'n meeting. That's every Friday." "I know." "You really do suffer for your crullers, don't you?" "Someone has to."

No comments:

Post a Comment