Thursday, April 26, 2018

Marriage

Sarah awakens one night to find that her husband Herb is not in bed with her. She goes downstairs to look for him and finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes away a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee. 
"What's the matter, dear?" she asks tenderly, "why are you down here in the middle of the night?" 
Herb looks up from his coffee. "Do you remember, Sarah, how young we both were when we first started dating?" 
"Yes, I remember," she says.
Herb's voice is brimming with emotion. "Do you also remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?" 
"How could I forget?" says Sarah.
"And do you remember he put a gun against my head and said, 'Either you marry my daughter or I'll see to it that you go to jail for 30 years?'" 
"I remember that well," Sarah softly replies, taking hold of his hand. 
Herb wipes away another tear and says, "I would have gotten out today."


http://awordinyoureye.com/jokes84thset.html

No comments:

Post a Comment