Monday, April 23, 2018

At Last We Meet

"You're the only one in the family who hasn't come by to meet him."
"I know, and I feel awful about that."
"I can't believe you haven't met him."
"I can't wait to meet him."
"When do you think you'll have time to meet him?"
"Um... Sunday. Sunday, I'll meet him."
"He's been wondering, why hasn't she bothered to meet me?"
"Well, Sunday I'm going to a thing nearby and -- "
"Everyone else has been by to meet him. Your own flesh and blood."
"They loved him."
"Your daughter-in-law met him."
"She said he was so sweet."
"But not you. You're the only one who hasn't met him."
"Well, how's Sunday? Around 2?"
"Two?"
"Will you be there at 2?"
"Of course."
"Great."
"So you'll stop by?"
"Yes. At 2."
"It's about time you finally met him."
"Can't wait."
"He'll be at the front door."
"Gotta go."
"Grateful you found time in your busy schedule."
"Hanging up now."
"Maybe bring him a cookie."
Gambino, the adorable rescue pup my 
mother-in-law just adopted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment