Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Now Taking Applications

Well, the SJG always suspected that the family tree had a southern branch, and here's proof, courtesy of Amazon Photos. I was expecting a giant poster-size pic of the newlyweds, in honor of their six-month anniversary tomorrow, to go with the life-size statue I commissioned, but a big ol' glossy shot of these folks arrived instead. At first, I thought Amazon had messed up. But after a few hours of staring at this friendly assembly, I'm starting to see the resemblance.  No question, the adorable dog in the corner is a cousin of Sir Blakey's. The big dude in the cowboy hat is the spitting image of my Grandma Shorty's Great Uncle Moshe from the Shtetl. Let's face it, along with the pretty gal in the middle and the trio of boychicks, this is one photogenic bunch. Yep, these people are clearly my long-lost relatives by way of Texas. They must've seen the ad I posted a while back:

SJG SEEKS MORE MISHPOCHA!
NICE PEOPLE ONLY!
NO ONE WITH A NASTY TEMPER!
GET A FREE KUGEL UPON ACCEPTANCE!

Can an invite to their ranch be far behind? Just picture it: The SJG on a horse! The SJG dancing the hora round the campfire! The SJG in a cowgirl hat! Does it get any better than that? If I ever find out, you'll be the first to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment