Monday, December 6, 2010

The Apartment Hunter

Sunday morning
I ask the eldest to list the pros and cons of moving out.  He emerges from beneath the blanket, ruminates, and has this to say:  "The decision could be the best or the worst of my existence.  It could bring me joy and happiness and freedom from your latkes, which we both know could use some work.  Or it could bring me shame and financial ruin, intestinal turbulence and irreversible psychological damage." I prop his head up with a pillow.  "I think you better stay put.  Now open wide.  Here comes a waffle."

2 comments:

  1. Considering that he'll move 5-10 minutes away from you I think it's safe to predict he'll be coming 'round the mountain when he comes ... back to visit often. Oh & he brought his laundry if it's not too much trouble Mom. Thanks. Can I take that entire 2nd shelf of Fridge food home in this empty large bag please? Cool. Latevie

    Hey, giive me space & stop crowding me Mom. Got a $20?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a speech from my 26-year-old who lives in Canada. "You have to let me live my life mom. I'm a grown man." He then called on Thanksgiving Day to inform me he had overslept and missed the train and would be coming late by bus. UH-huh.

    ReplyDelete