Sunday, December 26, 2010

Black Swans & Blue Valentines

Oy vey, has she got some issues
The SJG has been on a movie rampage, seeing as many new and depressing and weird flicks as I can, just so I'll have something to say to anyone who'll listen. "Hey, come back," I said to some lady in the produce aisle, "don't you want me to tell you what not to waste your money on?"  She didn't.  But maybe you do, so here's the break-
down:  "The Black Swan" is so over-the-top insane, you may need to be medicated to get through it. 
Great performances, but makes no sense and is just so freakin' creepy.  "True Grit" takes forever to get going, but if you're patient, unlike members of my immediate family, it's worth it.  Very campy and funny.  Once I woke up from my nap, I liked it.  "Blue Valentine" is a dark, engrossing look at the beginning and end of a relationship.  Don't see it if you've had a fight with your spouse.  It may give you a few ideas.  Not a pick-me-up, but excellent.  Great chemistry between Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams.  "127 Hours" I loved so much, I'm still gushing over James Franco.  This movie is seriously fantastic, whether you faint or not.  I didn't faint once, by the way. The SJG is one tough broad.  I may have looked away a few times, but years of watching "ER" prepared me for the infamous arm-butchering in question.  James Franco rocks, pun intended.  My favorite movie of the year:  "The King's Speech."  Go see it. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment