Monday, December 27, 2010

Name That Actress

Is that Judy Dench?
Last night, before we settle in to watch yet another DVD, "The Sound of Music" pops up on the telly, just as you-know-who starts singing, "The Hills Are Alive."  The SJG lights up.  "This is the first movie that ever made me cry."  The eldest, two days away from moving out, says, "Is that Judy Dench?"  "Are you kidding?" I say.  Hubby looks at the TV.  "That's Judy Garland."  I start weeping.  "What is wrong with you?  It's Julie Andrews."  Hubby, who must be strapped down to watch a musical, takes another look.  "Oh, right."  Through my tears, I look at them.  "Can we watch 'Sound of Music' instead?  Please?  Please?"  The two of them laugh hysterically.  I guess that's a no. 

3 comments:

  1. "Is that Judy Dench?" "Judy Garland?!"" That's sacrilege!! (Is there a Jewish equivalent for sacrilege?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's called "a shanda." This really happened, BG. I'm still not over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what happens to straight men. They don't know who Julie Andrews is. A shanda indeed...

    ReplyDelete