Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gambling in Sherman Oaks


Last night, after hubby abandoned the broken dishwasher, curbside:
SJG: "It looks so sad out there, next to the trash cans."
H: "It's fine."
SJG: "It's not fine.  It's broken."
H: "I bet it'll be gone in the morning."
SJG:  "I bet it won't.  Why would anyone want a broken dishwasher?"
H: "I've seen those guys cruising the neighborhood. They'll pick up anything for scrap."
SJG:  "There's no way it's not there in the morning."
H:  "How much do you want to bet?"
SJG:  "Name your price."
H:  "One million dollars."
SJG:  "You're on."
Last night, around 10, upon arriving home from dance:
SJG:  "It's still out there."
H:  "It won't be in the morning."
This morning:
H: "Guess what's gone?"
SJG: "No.  Seriously?"
H:  "Pay up."
SJG: "It may take me a few days to raise the cash."
H: "You've got till this evening, then I send the boys."

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh! Hubby had good training from the Mob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a sofa outside on the curb that my dogs used as a pee station for years. The sofa was gone in 5 hours. Who are these people who grab this broken down worthless crap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, hubby knows things. I'm just sayin'. And bro', thanks for the sofa. It works well with my decor.

    ReplyDelete