Sunday, December 5, 2010

Someone's Regressing

Was it something I said?
Six months of living at home with the 'rents and the eldest has had enough.  "I'm not growing as a person," he announced the other night.  At the time, he was sipping hot cocoa and wrapped up in a warm blankie on the fofa.  "I feel like I'm regressing."  I smoothed his hair and planted a kiss on his cheek.  "That's silly talk.  Do you to want to wear the black pants to worky, or the gray?" "You need to stop laying out the clothes you want me to wear to work."  "Bad Mommy," I said, and set down a plate of freshly-baked cookies on his lap.  "Don't make a mess, mister, or I cut you off at three cookies." "I'm looking for an apartment.  I can't take it anymore." "Check out Mr. Pouty Face." "All the goo-goo, ga-ga.  I'm about to be 23, Mom."
"Mommy's on it.  I've already hired your favorite Power Ranger.  Do you want chocolate cake with or without filling?"  "Focus, Mom.  Focus." "Uh-oh.  Mr. Cranky's gonna throw a tantrum." "Mom, do you think you can help me find a place?"  "Of course I can help you find Fuzzy Bear-Bear.  He's probably stuck in the cushions again." "Two bedrooms, two baths, and the bedrooms can't be side by side."  "Fuzzy Bear?  Come out, come out, where ever you are!  Baby boy needs to snuggle." "I need a drink."  "More cocoa?  Coming right up.  Extra marshmallows?"

3 comments:

  1. So you'll also be coming over later to help me make warm in the house too, right? Bring hot cocoa please nice Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warning to eldest: DO NOT take mom with you to find an apartment. I did. Ended up with a one-year lease in a three story apartment complex with a center-courtyard pool, barbeque and musty workout room, wall papered halls with high pile carpets, ground floor unit, patio,etc., Sizzler and magazine stand down the street; all seemed good as I signed the lease, moved into the new digs and decided to take an evening swim... at the retirement home for Jewish grandmothers... until that first fateful dive into the pool. Surfaced at the other end of the pool to a pod of blue-haired gals with a single-mided question, "So, you just a bachelor?" Longest one-year residential confinement of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just wrote a blog about Steve's comment!

    ReplyDelete