Thursday, December 30, 2010

Free At Last

Ba-bye!
Yesterday's move went well, except for the rain.  But hang on.  Doesn't rain bring good luck?  It's a wedding day superstition, but didn't the eldest just get hitched to a nice monthly rent check that's coming out of his own wallet?  Let's take a moment to say mazel tov.  By the way, he's registered at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Liquor Hut.
Yesterday's move.  So much like a wedding.  Except for the bride and groom, the rabbi, the string quartet, the fancy hors d'oeuvres and the valet parking.  Yesterday's move.  Symbolic of so many things.  Like freedom.  The SJG is now free to move about the cabin without tripping over random shoes and open guitar cases.
Free to resume pole dancing recitals in the living room, every Tuesday night.  (Cover charge negotiable.)  Free to get my heavy metal  band back together. You have no idea how much I've missed those dudes, and I'm not just talking about the roadies.  Oh, hell yes.  I'm free.  Free to rejoin the Sisterhood (assuming they'll take me back after the Open Bar Incident).  Did I mention I'm free?  Except for the youngest.  Him. The partier. The college boy.  Other than that, I'm free.  Except for the laundry, the cooking and the non-stop worrying.  Yes, I'm free, except for all that.  Yesterday's move.  So much like a wedding.  I can't wait to get started on the thank you notes.

3 comments:

  1. You have a pole in your living room!?!? Now, I REALLY want to be your neighbor. Mazel tov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty Nester party of Carol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BG, the house next door is still available.

    ReplyDelete