Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Wise Old Man

Recently, a journalist for sister station WSJG heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site. She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview. "Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from WSJG.  What's your name?" "Morris Feinberg," he replied. "Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?" "For about 60 years." "60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?" "I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims. I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop. I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their fellow man." "How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?" she asked.  "Like I'm talking to an eff'ng wall." (courtesy of my brother Peter, with a little SJG tweaking)

1 comment:

  1. A charming holiday story with a delightful closing moral...

    ReplyDelete