Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Instant Mood Enhancer

Get well, Aretha
Nothing cheers me up more than Aretha Franklin's amazing voice.  "Freeway of Love" is one of my personal favorites.  I admit, it's impossible for me not to get up and dance to this mid-80s ode to Detroit.  I dare you to physically restrain me when "Freeway of Love" comes on the car radio.  Revoke my license, if you must, but I can't help myself.  The Queen of Soul's myriad hairstyles, her glorious hats, her unusual fashion style, her Snickers commercials, her Diva-like ways.  I love her so much it hurts.  The news that Miss Franklin is battling cancer arrives the day after Elizabeth Edwards' untimely death.  Let's say a big prayer for Aretha, and wish her well. In the meantime, here's "Freeway of Love."  Take a ride, and look for Clarence Clemons on sax. 

1 comment:

  1. Walkin' on Sunshine is mine (actually I have a whole playlist of "mood enhancing" music).

    ReplyDelete