Sunday, January 2, 2011

Skol!

SJG drank here last century
What day is it?  I have no idea.  If you know, please tell me.  I'm so confused.  The whole holiday thing has eff'd with my brain, a delicate instrument under the best of circumstances.  I need to get back to something resembling a schedule.  The day after whatever today is seems like a good start.  This is when the college boy heads back to Santa Cruz for winter quarter.  This is a good thing for all concerned. The visit home has provided many highs and lows regarding all those highs.  Generation Text loves to party.  It's like a competitive sport.  I get it (sort of).  I refer you to the infamous Hofbrauhaus Incident, Munich, December, 1977, when the SJG and future-hubby were so farshikkert, strangers had to help us to the train station, one block away.  Still, when it comes to my boys, I prefer that the partying takes place off-camera, far away from the SJG.  In another city, another universe, where I don't have to see or smell the evidence. If that's denial, bring it. I could use a stein or two.  Skol!

3 comments:

  1. What is it about kids today? They feel the need to share everything with their parents! I hid everything from mine and that's how it's been for centuries. What did we do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to go back to non-disclosure. Reinstate TMI. Whatevert happened to Keep It To Yourself?! The mistake we made was giving them too much self-esteem. Less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Facebook friending your kids?

    ReplyDelete