Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sports Talk

This morning, I ask hubby, "What time does your football begin?" "At noon," he says.  I decide to impress him with my vast knowledge of football:  "It's your New York Jets vs your Green Bay Packers." He starts to laugh.  "Love the enthusiasm, but you've got your teams wrong.  The Jets are playing the Steelers." "Who are the Packers playing?" I ask, feigning interest.  "The Bears."  "Like I said, Jets vs. Steelers. Packers vs. Bears.  I can't wait to be out of the house while it's all going down."  "If the Jets win and the Packers win, they'll play each other in the Super Bowl." "So I just predicted the Super Bowl teams."  "Only if they both win." "Oh, they're winning."  "We'll see."  "I'm calling it right now.  Jets vs. Packers in the Super Bowl.  Care to make a wager?"  Hubby asks, "What's the spread?" "It's between chopped liver and herring."

1 comment:

  1. One of the many things I no longer miss working in the corporate world is faking my way through sports conversations with various co-workers. Ah those days of quickly checking outwrud scores from the night before so I could throw out over early morning coffee "Wow Kobe last night...amazing!" Then all you have to do is stop listening and nod as everyone relives the thrilling play by play moments I didn't watch or care about.

    ReplyDelete