Monday, January 3, 2011

The Way To San Jose

The college boy sleeps upstairs. The dog barks at nothing.  The SJG sips coffee.  Ah, nice morning.  Quiet.  Except the barking.  Peaceful.  All is right with the world.  The phone rings.  It is the eldest.  He lives far far away now, several blocks away.  "I eff'n overslept.  My eff'n iPhone alarm didn't go off. Eff, eff, eff."  Welcome to Monday.  The eldest and hubby still plan to carpool to work. The eldest needs to get his tush over here pronto.  "I'll make you a bagel," I say.  He arrives, he eats.  Off they go.  Problem solved.  It's quiet again.  Except the barking.  Peaceful.  All is right with the world.  The SJG settles in to write.  Minutes go by.  Ah. This is good.  Me likey.  The college boy calls downstairs. "Mom!  Why didn't you wake me?" "Was I supposed to?" "I'm leaving this morning, remember?"  Of course.  How could I forget.  We rush around.  We are late.  Very, very late.  He barely makes the plane to San Jose.  Whoops.  Bad SJG.  I will do better next time.

3 comments:

  1. Got Katie to LAX @ 7:40 am for her LA-Phoenix-Detroit return trip to the Univ. of Michigan. Back home to the soft clicks of Terri's computer. Even the dog is sound asleep after the two week torrential energy deluge of Katie and her friends back in LA orbits. Gonna miss that whirling dervish of frenetic activity, even though I don't have to run to Noah's and Starbucks before sun up for the next few months.Now, back to reviewing the consultant invoices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He barely made the plane. Life returns to normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empty nest thy name is SJG...

    ReplyDelete