Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It Came From Beneath The Sea!

It was the stink smelled 'round the Valley, and parts of L.A., Ventura County and Riverside, an icky-dead-fishy-what-the-#$%!!  kind of odor.  The SJG picked it up on my highly-trained stinkomator.  Did you get a whiff?  At first, I assumed it was a sewer situation.  But it's worse than than, bleeps.  Much worse!  It just might come from the sea.  The Salton Sea.  (Where is that, btw?)  It's far, that much I do know. Like 160 miles from SJG headquarters.  In the morning, the stench was strong.  By mid-day, it lifted.  By late afternoon, I was eyeing the dog.  "Really, Dusty?  Gas-X, dude?  Sheesh!"  But the mystery of the bad smell remains unsolved.  The air quality folks aren't really sure what's causing the stinkification, but if it does come from the sea, can a giant monster of the deadly variety be far behind?  My advice to y'all, just in case:  Start running!  And don't look back.  This thing could get biblical. 

2 comments:

  1. As my Minnesota peeps say: "Ish!" When you figure that out, can you tell me why one of my upstairs bedrooms smells like spaghetti?

    ReplyDelete