Saturday, September 29, 2012

Woof

Eric Braeden, soap star/joke teller
Yesterday I'm  flipping through Variety, catching up on Hollyweird, as I like to do now and then, and I come upon a big splashy spread celebrating the 10,000th episode of "The Young and the Restless," a soap opera I've never watched, not even once.  So why am I bringing it up, you ask, a bit testily.  Just hang on, I'm getting to it.  Sheesh, aren't we impatient this morning?  The college boy sits beside me, slurping his cereal and bemoaning his collegiate existence.  "See that guy?" I point to a photo of Eric Braeden, aka Victor Newman on "Y & R" since 1980. "Uh huh," says the rapper known as Scott D.  "Whenever I see his face, I think of the joke he told me, way back in 1995."  Scott D perks up.  "I'm listening." "I'm standing outside the Beverly Hilton, or maybe it's the Beverly Wilshire.  It's one of those Beverly Hills hotels.  I'm with my friend and we're waiting for my car.  It's right after the DGA Awards."  "Cool," he says, getting up to leave.  "That's not the story."  "Oh."  He sits back down.  "Eric Braeden is waiting for his car, too.  Suddenly, he turns to us, and in this British-German accent, says, 'What did the dyslexic woman say during sex?'  Already, I'm giggling. 'What?'  Eric Braeden leans in and says, 'Oh, DOG!'  We start laughing and he just walks away."  I know, I know.  It's not nice to make fun of dyslexia, but that joke still gets a laugh, even from Scott D.

No comments:

Post a Comment