Wednesday, September 12, 2012
1. Teach Dusty to blow the shofar.
2. Train Dusty to behave like a mensch when company is over.
3. Make a nice kugel.
4. Eat less kugel even though it's so good.
5. Make a tender brisket that slices like butter.
6. Set table early. Like today.
7. Make everyone at the table recite their personal SJG Gratitude List.
8. Serve a honey cake that doesn't taste like spackle.
9. Pretend I came up with time-honored motto: "Shofar, So Good."
10. Win "Shana Tova" Drinking Game: Every time someone says, "Shana Tova," we take a shot of Mogen David. Last one standing gets to ridicule wasted Rosh Hashaners forced to clean up the kitchen. Ha ha, losers!
Posted by Carol Starr Schneider at 7:06 AM