Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bonsai Sitter

Don't worry, little bonsai, the SJG will give you TLC. 
"Come to Grandma."
"It's a bonsai, Ma, not a baby."
"Hush.  Grandma will take care of you, little bonsai, while your daddy is gone."
"I'm not going anywhere, Ma.  Just back to my apartment."
"Hush.  You're waking the bonsai."
"You're losing it, Ma."
"Hush.  Sweet baby bonsai, your daddy thought he was ready to care for you.  But he wasn't ready, was he?  No, he wasn't."
"Not true, Ma.  I did everything the plant guy on the corner told me to do."
"Hush.  My cute little bonsai.  Your daddy gave you too much water and not enough sun.  He forgot to mist you.  He's not ready for this big boy responsibility, is he?  No, he isn't."
"There's no drainage in the pot, Ma!  No drainage."
"Hush.  There's plenty drainage now, baby bonsai.  Grandpa drilled holes in your tushy.  Ouch!  Hope it didn't hurt too much."
"You think my bonsai has a chance, Ma?"
"Hush, little bonsai, don't say a word, daddy's going to buy you a mocking bird..."
"Ma, I asked you a question.  Is my bonsai going to make it?"
"Hush.  I'm singing to the bonsai.  Look at that!  She loves my voice.  She's coming back to life!"
"No, she... I mean, no, it isn't, Ma.  The bonsai is a goner.  I killed it."
"Hush.  You're scaring the bonsai."

No comments:

Post a Comment