Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Costume Party

" 
The beautiful, ornate door to the Plaza Hotel.  Why can't my front door in Sherman Oaks look like this? Why can't I have a golden revolving door?  Because it would look dumb and out of context in suburbia, that's why.  Thus ends the Q & A portion of the blog.
"There is no confusion like the confusion of the simple SJG.  The other day, as she stumbled aimlessly through the city, directionless, not knowing north from south, east from west, she came upon the Plaza Hotel, the sort of rich establishment Gatsby once frequented, until that fateful day the concierge took the clothes off his back and put them on exhibit by the tea room." Thus ends my noble attempt to write like Fitzgerald. But check out these pretty costumes from the just-released "Great Gatsby."  Me likey. Me likey very much.
I told hubby he needs a pink suit.  He disagreed.  I bought him one, anyway.  Shush.  It's a surprise.   

No comments:

Post a Comment