Wednesday, February 14, 2018

How Random

It happened a while back. It hasn't happened again. But this morning, the aging SJG felt a bisele nostalgic. So I share this with you once again, in hopes of inspiring you to go out there and do a romantic mitzvah for a perfect stranger. It may work. It may land you in the pokey. If that should happen, God forbid, SJG Bail Bonds is here for you. Give us a call. Until then, read this and keep your heart open. You just never know, you know?
In the parking lot of Gelson's, a nice-looking dude approaches the SJG. How random is that? "Excuse me," he says, a dozen roses in his hand. "Can you tell me what my T-shirt says?" I smile, weakly.  I think, oh great, he wants something. A dollar. A donation, no doubt. I shush my inner-cynic, momentarily. I play along. "Random... Acts... of... Kindness... Everywhere," I say, grinning now.  Getting it. He hands me a rose. "Oh, wow.  Really?" "Have a good day."  I'm touched by this RAKE moment. Surprised and touched. Even, dare I say it, teary-eyed. How often does a perfect stranger hand you a rose and ask nothing in return?  Not that often.  Not often enough.  It's so random. So unexpected. Works for me. So... Happy Valentine's Day to you... and you... and you, too.  Now go out there and be romantic. Go get mushy and overly sentimental. Sing someone a love song.  The whole song. Don't leave out a single verse. Do a dance to love. Do something random. I dare ya.
A dance to love

No comments:

Post a Comment