Sunday, February 11, 2018

Today's Big Questions

Hubby reacts to his gifts

Today's first big question: Did hubby like the leather toiletry bag with his initials and the nice watch I found him online at a huge discount for his birthday? He says yes. Let's go with that. As for the missing item that Yossi from Brooklyn promises will arrive by tomorrow, but may arrive today, kina hora, I'm banking on another yes, because a "no" will send me to a dark place of questioning my gift-giving abilities, and we don't want that kind of existential slippage, now do we? No, we do not.
"Kiss off, SJP."

Today's second big question: All those years I spent watching "Sex and the City," all the joy it brought me, all the laughter and tears, was it just smoke and mirrors? A cruel illusion of four gals helping each other through romantic/personal/fashion turmoil? Was I deceiving myself? Cuz it's hard to fake that kind of chemistry on camera. I really thought Samantha and Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda, after all the episodes and movies, were friends in real life, too. I needed to believe that so much. I needed to believe that, just like their witty, messed up, lovable characters, they could disagree and get mad at each other and kiss and make up.

Sure, it took some work, but I got over the whole cancellation of the third movie thing, and Kim's testy declaration that, "We were never friends." Talk about redefining my entire "Sex and the City" journey. But the other day, a petite glimmer of hope: Sarah JP sent condolences via social media, as one does, to Kim after her brother died, and Kim thanked her (sort of). Alas, the gratitude was short-lived. Here comes troubling new evidence that Kim thinks SJP's just a mean girl in chic clothing.
All the SJG can say is: Yikes! Can't you gals patch it up, just like you used to do on the show? Can't you do that for the SJG? Pretty please with cocktails on top? Then again, it might be time for me to face reality: https://nypost.com/2017/10/07/inside-the-mean-girls-culture-that-destroyed-sex-and-the-city/

No comments:

Post a Comment