Friday, February 2, 2018

Belly Up To The Genius Bar

Just as one issue goes away -- I finally got a new battery for my aging iPhone6, as opposed to my aging anatomy -- a new issue presents itself. And now, I'm struggling to reconcile my old ways with the recommendations handed down by the designated Apple Genius. On a side note, how does one get such a designation? Is there payment involved? A test you have to take? Oh, wait, I just figured it out. If I can anoint myself a Rabbi, I can certainly designate myself a Genius.
Despite my best efforts to sound smart-ish, when the Apple Genius told me I could keep my new battery alive and well by not overcharging it, I looked at her askance.
"Huh?" I askanced her.
"Let it drain."
"What's that now?"
"Wait till it's almost out of juice."
"Out of Jews?"
"Power."
"What percentage?"
"10 percent."
"Oh, dear God, you want me to let my iPhone nearly die, and then revive it?"
"Yes."
"You have no idea how hard that is for me. I like my things 100 percent charged, or I feel technologically challenged and bereft."
"I need to move on to the next customer."
"How does that help me?"
"Thanks for visiting the Genius Bar."
"Where's that free drink, by the way?"
"It's not that kind of bar."
"Of course it's bendable - that's party of the new, 
improved airplane mode." 

No comments:

Post a Comment