Monday, June 29, 2015

Check Please!

In my youth, a few months back, I had many fabulous part-time jobs. There was my very brief stint as a salesgirl. I quit when they made me clean the toilets. It's important to take a stand. I worked at a stationery store. I learned a lot about envelopes. I mean, a lot. There are many kinds. Who knew? I did. It was a long summer. There was a wonderful, prolonged stint, on and off, at a bookstore in Westwood. Remember bookstores? That's were they used to sell books. A lot of books. Gee, I loved that job most of all. Except the gift-wrapping at Christmas part. I didn't love that so much. But I can still wrap a book like nobody's business. And yet, the one part-time job I never attempted, and I think the world is a better place because of it, was waitressing. The universe took a vote and decided the SJG wasn't waitress material. A spiller and a dropper since birth, I didn't think these were good qualities in a waitress. So I never went there. And for that, and so much more, you're welcome. Thus ends my Monday morning blog. Check please!

No comments:

Post a Comment