Sunday, June 21, 2015

Flying Baby Alert

Here's the flying SJG, in the neighborhood of one, not quite ready to come in for a landing. Can you blame me? Just look who's helping me soar: Mr. Ben Starr, the eternal optimist of the Western World. Today of all days, I can't mail him a card. He didn't leave a forwarding address. But I can still say thank you... for the pep talks, the side-splitting laughter and the endless emotional support. I can still say thank you... for holding me up in those moments I thought I might crash and burn. But he wouldn't let me. He kept saying, "Onward." So onward I went. I'm flying solo now, moving in the right direction, keeping myself airborne. I'm holding my own, just like he taught me. So Happy Father's Day to my hero, my mentor, my ongoing inspiration. I miss you every day.

4 comments: