Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Speak Up....

Alas, poor Yorick, I can't hear you.

In the very noisy restaurant with Mrs. Gorgeous, my stunning Israeli friend:
SJG: "It's so loud in here."
Mrs. G: "I know. I'm reading your lips."
SJG: "Everyone has trouble hearing me."
Mrs. G: "So it's not only me? Thank God."
SJG: "I have a soft voice."
Mrs. G: "It's not just that."
SJG: "What is it, then?"
Mrs. G: "It's your accent."
SJG: "My accent? I don't have an accent."
Mrs. G: "Yes, you do."
SJG: "No, I don't."
Mrs. G: "You do."
SJG: "No one has ever told me I have an accent."
Mrs. G: "So I'm the first?"
SJG: "Yes. What kind of accent do I have?"
Mrs G: "I can't tell you, but it's very distinct."
SJG: "Is it a Sherman Oaksian accent?"
Mrs. G: "Yes! That's it."
SJG: "I'm not the one with the accent."
Mrs. G: "What?"
SJG: "I didn't say anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment