Monday, June 15, 2015

Everybody Troika

Vlad, Zoya and Vossie

Dear SJG,
I am Vlad. I am president of SJG Fan Club in Kiev. It's a small club. Just me, Vlad, my cousin Vossie and my sister Zoya. We like you too much. We play drinking game when we read SJG out loud. You say, "kvetch," we drink Vodka. You say, "oy," we drink Vodka. I am very drunk right now. Can you tell? Ha ha. You say "kugel," we drink Vodka. You worry, we dance the Troika. We understand you dance, too. You should dance the Troika. It is fun and burns the fat a lot. Sherman Oaks sounds pretty. We visit you and maybe move in, too. You live in a palace, no? Plenty room. We teach you the Troika. See you soon.
Za zdrovie!
SJG Fan Club, Kiev Chapter

Dear Vlad,
A drinking game in my honor? I'm kvelling, intensely. This makes me so happy. But to clarify, when I say palatial estate, I'm exaggerating too much, which is my right as a silly American. Sadly, there's no room at the SJG Inn for you, Vossie and Zoya. It's going to be a full house this summer. The eldest son and his lovely girlfriend are moving in with us "temporarily." A year in San Francisco and he's back where he belongs. If I have my way, they'll stay with us forever. That's just between us, Vlad. Don't spread it around the Kremlin.
Za gezunt!
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment