Friday, May 20, 2016

Celebrity Hugs


Fitz and the Tantrums perform "HandClap" at the CW Upfront Presentation at City Center. Somewhere in the audience, the SJG claps wildly, per the instructions of the song. I always do what I'm told, except when I don't.


Rachel Bloom ("Crazy Ex-Girlfriend") and Gina Rodriguez ("Jane the Virgin") entertain the ad-buying troops. Later, they meet the SJG and hug me. Celebrities always hugs me. They just do. Who am I to stop them?


From Ian Somerhalder ("Vampire Diaries"), I get not one, but two hugs. I hug him back, and call him my boyfriend. Good thing hubby isn't the jealous type. If you ever meet me, you'll probably hug me, too. I just have that effect on people.


Well, not all people. The film crew for "Rebel In The Rye," a movie about the young J.D. Salinger, dispenses no hugs in Central Park. They hush all the looky-loos like yours truly, who stop by to "spectate," as the New Yorkers say. The 40s period clothes are "faboosh," as my New York friend Fabreze Schwartz might say.


Today the Carousel of Upfront Madness stops spinning. (See what I did there?) Hubby and the SJG return to Sherman Oaks, to resume kvetching, locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment