Saturday, May 21, 2016

New York, Look What You Gave Me

New York was so sad to see the SJG go home that it gave me some lovely parting gifts. A lovely sore throat. A lovely cough. As a lifelong blamer, I blame you, New York. I blame you and yet I love you.  Some might call our relationship dysfunctional. But that's okay. I can live with that. Every time I hack, New York, I will think of you with equal parts adoration and deep-seated resentment. Let's face it, New York, you have a lot of coughers. They cough in museums. They cough in theaters. They cough as though they have a right to cough wherever the eff they feel like coughing. In Los Angeles, we share feelings. In New York, you share coughs. That kind of generosity I can do without. Till we meet again, New York...

No comments:

Post a Comment