Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Recycler of Some Repute

My favorite balloon dress

Environmentally-conscious SJG that I am, what with the solar heating I installed myself, the bamboo floor I handcrafted from the forest in my backyard, the special occasion balloon dress I made from old birthday party decor, and the obsessive recycling effort I take to extremes (did I mention the luxury outdoor jacuzzi I made from old yogurt cartons?) it's no surprise, at least to me, that I've been reusing some of the same ideas percolating in my keppy since the Stone Age, and storing them in the same blue folder. At lunch with my dear friend/development maven yesterday, I was amped to pitch a bunch of recycled ideas, until I glanced at the afore-mentioned blue folder:
"So. What have you got floating around that genius brain of yours?"
"Japanese Biz School Kokomo."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Japanese Biz School Kokomo."
"Where does the story take place? Japan or Kokomo?"
"Neither."
"Oh, good. We don't have the budget for Japan or Kokomo. Is it a comedy? A thriller?"
"Neither. It's what I wrote on this folder and I have no idea why."
"I don't think there is a Japanese Biz School in Kokomo, Indiana."
"So why did I write that?"
"I don't know."
"This is going to drive me insane."
"Does it have anything to do with what you're about to pitch me?"
"Not at all."
"Are you going to pitch me anything?"
"Of course. Once I figure out why I wrote Japanese Biz School Kokomo on this folder."
"Maybe you didn't write it."
"It's my handwriting."
"Maybe someone forged it."
"Go on."
"Maybe it's code for a top secret plan."
"And if the enemy gets a hold of it, kaboom!"
"I think we're onto something here."
"We so are!"
"Let me talk to my people and get back to you."
"I'll be sitting here at this table, staring at this folder, waiting."

No comments:

Post a Comment