Friday, November 10, 2017

Crazy Eights

It's true, the SJG loves to sing, sing, sing. All day long, I'm singing like nobody can hear me, and other than Sir Blakey, nobody can, thank God. That is, until hubby comes home and must deal with the day's harmonic medley of jingles and mundane updates. I don't just go upstairs. I sing, "I'm going upstairs!" It's one of my top ten selections. But my all-time personal fav, the one that brings me unbridled joy, is "Cellino & Barnes, Injury Attorneys":

Do you blame me? It's the best. So catchy. So peppy. I'm crazy about those eights. How I love to sing each and every one. Best of all, hubby often joins in. In this way, we stay in tune. Unlike... oh, it pains me to tell you this, and maybe you already know, but... Cellino & Barnes? They're out of tune. Splitsville. Lawsuits up the wazoo. Divorced. Turns out, these two injury attorneys can't stand each other. The new jingle, featuring Barnes sans Cellino, just doesn't have the same pizazz. Where once I had eight eights to sing, now I only get three. Three lousy eights: "Call 800-800-8000." Pretty lame, don't you agree? Of course you do! It's practically unsingable. In protest, I've decided to keep singing the original eight-eight jingle. You don't like it? Sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment