Friday, November 24, 2017

Turkey For Me, Turkey For You

"Oh, dear God in heaven, someone take a decent photo of me in this chair!" I commanded. And soon the iPhones were drawn, and it got vicious and competitive, a wrestling match ensued, along with a Kennedy-esque football game on the new salmon-colored rug, and four hours later, here is the result. "A miracle! I don't look half bad," I said. To counter that claim, the nice people started un-nicely revealing an archive full of awful photos of me, enlarged for optimum horror. "Fine, I get it. I'm a very goofy gal. But I have to have this chair!" "It's the Egg Chair," Sissy told me, and by Sissy I mean the wonderful Allison, married to my wonderful cousin Andy.

"How much?" hubby, who'd already been photographed in the Egg Chair, looking good, asked. "It's an Arne Jacobsen." "Sounds expensive," hubby said. "Sounds like a nice Jewish boy," I said. "He's Danish," Sissy said. "So, he can be Jewish-Danish." Jewish, Danish, whatevs, turns out the Egg Chair costs more than a bundle. Why? I'll tell you why. Because, as Sissy explained, "It's vintage." "Like you, Ma," said someone I birthed. "Go to your room," I told the youngest. "This isn't our house, Ma."

The youngest said namaste before imbibing -- did I raise him right, or what? -- as the daughter-in-law, who surprised us with a smashing new hair color, posed gorgeously.

A lot of great people who let me share Thanksgiving with them.

Nephew Ben, a newly-minted Marine Reservist,
dropped in to say hellody. 

 Cousin Andy and hubby: two showbiz vets discussing things.

Nice people I'm crazy about on the verge of fressing.

For some reason, no one believed that I made this amazing princess/turkey cake. It was hurtful. But then, what isn't? And speaking of hurtful, the best line of the night came courtesy of hubby's aunt, who said this to her devoted sister, hubby's mom, as we drove them home: "Thank God you didn't drive, Char, we'd be lying in the street, dead." Another Thanksgiving, another full tummy, another fun time with family. I'm one lucky SJG... kina hora poo poo poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment