Saturday, November 25, 2017

When Life Gives You Yams...

The only drawback to not hosting Thanksgiving is the lack of leftovers, unless you count the remnants of my yam-marshmallow casserole, currently occupying my fridge. Every non-hosting year, I must relearn the same harsh lesson: the SJG Sweet Spud Sub just doesn't pack the same punch as a day-old turkey-cranberry-stuffing sandwich. Not that the negative response has stopped me from trying to make the SJG Sweet Spud Sub a thing. Sure, I've pitched the revolutionary carb concept to the mucky-mucks at Subway. Those bastards laughed me out of the boardroom. In terms of trending, my marketing team informs me that the SJG Sweet Spud Sub isn't. No matter how I spin it or rename it, my own family rejects the Tasty Tater Tartine as an ooey-gooey disaster. Even my daughter-in-law concurs: "Peut-ĂȘtre qu'il est temps de construire un meilleur brioche." Well, how can I argue with that? Color me inspired. I'm not giving up. I will build a better brioche if it's the last thing I do. I'm the hero of this sandwich! Like I always say, "When life gives you yams, make something."

No comments:

Post a Comment