Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sometimes We Fix Things

The weekend means the man I'm hitched to for life doesn't have to work. I get Relaxed Hubby (patent pending). This version of hubby doesn't get bombarded with emails and texts. Work-wise, he doesn't have to fix anything. On Saturday and Sunday, he can fix what he wants to fix. A loose something... a creaky what-it's... an automotive oy vey. And if there's nothing to fix at the palatial estate, he schleps over the hill to fix something at his parents' house. On weekends, hubby's a household fixer. The SJG's a nothing fixer. The way I see it, I fix plenty during the week. Problems, you got? Monday-Friday, I'll try to fix them. Dinner, you want? I'll fix you something. Blues, you got? I'll fix them with a silly emoji and some decent advice. Monday-Friday, this is how I roll. Pretty much since birth, I've been the fixer, the mediator, the negotiator. But on Saturday and Sunday, I'm off the clock. While hubby fixes, I fix bupkis. In this way, we make a great team.

No comments:

Post a Comment