Monday, January 1, 2018

The Changing of the Years

Last night, the SJG and hubby continued our annual tradition of inviting ourselves to our neighbors' house to celebrate the Changing of the Years. "I'll bring the main course," I told Candy, "just let us come back." "Okay, but no dancing the SJG Go-Go Hora on the dining room table." "I have no idea what you're talking about." "Just promise to behave and we'll let you come back." "I promise." "Do you agree to have your promise notorized?" "Absolutely." So, given the harsh conditions and the necessary legal documents, we arrived at Candy and Joe's party with Ina Garten's Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Casserole. I'm happy to report my hooves never hora'd on the table top. Overall, I did quite well, behavior-wise, until we started playing a game called Quiplash (jackbox.tv) on the Nintendo Switch. (Like I even understand that last sentence.) The trouble started when Quiplash asked, "What's the wrong thing to say at the end of this sentence: 'Sorry, I was late to our wedding, but ---' " Quiplash gave us two seconds to answer, and Joe, married to M.T., as opposed to Joe, married to Candy, and I came up with the exact same very rude, not to mention naughty, response, with one variation. Joe said "... your  Mother," and I said "... your Mom." The room thought "... your Mother" was funnier than "... your Mom" and gave Joe more points and he won the round. I demanded a recount and got bupkis. Let's just say I got a little worked up over the injustice of it all and gave a lengthy, yet moving speech on voter fraud and was accused of being a sore loser. But sometimes you have to take a stand. Am I right? Of course I am. Thank you for agreeing. And happy new year, nice people.
New Year's Eve Cohorts:
 Joe, Hubby, M.T., SJG, Mike, Gina, Candy, Joe 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Daughter Gal! I mean Candy Gal! And I updated the info thanks to you! xo

    ReplyDelete