Monday, January 22, 2018

Waiter, There's No There, There

"He hates us."
"He keeps ignoring us."
"He still hasn't turned the music down."
"Or told someone to turn the music down."
"Maybe he told someone and they forgot."
"Then we need to remind him to remind them."
"That'll go over as well as the rolls."
"We didn't get the rolls."
"It was the way you asked."
"I asked nicely."
"You had a little attitude."
"All I said was, 'Pardon me, kind sir, might we procure some warm, buttered carbs?' "
"That's not what you said."
"That's how I remember it."
"You were like, 'Uh, hello! Hello! Excuse me, what's happening with the rolls?' "
"I did not say that."
"You said, 'What does a bitch have to do to get some rolls?' "
"Oh my God, I did not. I said -- "
"Shush, he's bringing the rolls. Don't say anything. Let me do the talking."
"Here are the rolls, ladies."
"Thanks so much."
"Excuse me? What's happening with turning down the music?"
"Would you like me to ask again?"
"I really would."
"Hey, what happened to not talking?"
"What do you mean?"
"I told you I'd do the talking."
"I didn't hear you. The music's too loud."

No comments:

Post a Comment