Sunday, January 21, 2018

Take None & Don't Call Me In The Morning

Last night's conversation with my dance teacher, almost 79, sick for weeks with a bad nasal something:
"Hello?"
"I'm a wreck."
"Oh, no. What happened?"
"I went to the doctor."
"Thank God. We've been begging you for weeks. What did he say?"
"She."
"What did she say?"
"She said it was allergies."
"That makes sense, Dougie. The sneezing, the coughing."
"She wants me to take Claritin."
"Good."
"I'm not taking Claritin."
"Why not?"
"I don't take Claritin."
"Dougie! It'll help."
"She should've given me antibiotics."
"If it's viral, it won't help."
"I hate taking antibiotics. They're bad for your gut."
"What else did she say?"
"Flonase."
"Smart."
"I'm not doing that."
"Why not?!"
"Nasal spray? Forget about it."
"Oy, Dougie. You're impossible."
"I don't use nose spray. My mother didn't use nose spray. She lived till 94."
"So...”
"So I'm not going to take anything."
"But it will clear up the congestion."
"No, it won't."
"What am I going to do with you?"
"This is why I don't go to doctors."
"But you did go to one."
"I went to one. She was wrong."
"How do you know?"
"I just do."
"Mucinex, Dougie."
"That's what my sister said."
"Go get some right now."
"Not now."
"Then when?"
"Tomorrow."
"Promise."
"You don't believe me?"
"Absolutely not."

No comments:

Post a Comment