Friday, March 30, 2018

Make Room For More

Thirteen at table, legend has it, brings you bad luck
But I pay no attention, I'm not that kind of schmuck
A "last supper" reference, a superstitious thing
The more the merrier, when it comes to worshipping

Thirteen at table requires an add-on at the end
Cuz I can't squeeze in thirteen tushies, not to offend
This year called for ten butts, does it get better than that?
Ten can recline in style and break matzoh and chitchat

This morning came an update I didn't plan to hear
Another guest was joining, that's right, another rear
My seder just expanded to, what's that, eleven?
Please make an extra chair fit, I prayed unto heaven

"Fetch me the foldings!" I commanded longtime hubby
To the garage he schlepped, unshaven, looking stubbly
He came back with two, we got busy rearranging
Chairs moved in and out, it was more or less life-changing

And now we're ready for gefilte and horseradish
And award-winning brisket, not to be too braggish
But one thing I'm not telling you, God forbid you judge
My seder's not till Sunday, feel free to hold a grudge

No comments:

Post a Comment