Monday, March 5, 2018

Oscar-Style Group Hug

The cuzzie (Andy), the brother (John) and the SJG (who else?) share a group hug in honor of the Oscars. Or maybe, savvy show biz types that we are, we know a great photo op when we see it. "Take a photo," I commanded hubby. "Make us look young!" Hmm. Not sure hubby succeeded, youth-wise, but still, he took a nice shot that proves we are related, should anyone ever question our genetic connection.
Following our lead, the four actresses who didn't win celebrate the gal who grabbed Oscar, momentarily, then set him down on the floor.
I'm talking about Frances McDormand. She had a few amazing things to say.
Sure, there were some dud moments during the evening. Someone in the room nearly tripped over a tiny dog, but did I need that as part of my legacy? No, I did not. "Nice recovery, Ma," said a son I've proudly enabled. "I know, right?!" Someone in the room spilled wine, but did I shame my brother? No, I did not. There was, however, plenty of shaming, per my prediction, of celebrity cheeks over-injected, of musical numbers overdone, of remote control overuse, but did the entire room shame my cuzzie for nearly fast-forwarding us past Best Actor? Yes, we did. And we forgot to apologize. There goes next year's invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment