Monday, March 19, 2018

We Meet Again

When Facebook friends bump into each other, it's a whole thing. A celebration of sorts. And what better place to have such a nice, unexpected encounter than my personal homeland of Gelson's. The happy face-to-face happened in front of the yogurt section. Don't worry, we were both wearing sweaters.
"Oh my God."
"Hi."
"Hi."
"I see you on Facebook."
"I see you on Facebook."
"But here you are, in person."
"Hi."
"Hi."
(Hugs.)
"It's so good to see you."
"You too."
"How are you?"
"Good. How are you?"
"Good."
"That's good."
"I'm so sorry about your daddy."
"Thanks."
"How long has it been?"
"Three years."
"Four for me."
"It's weird to be an orphan."
"So weird. But you're okay?"
"I'm okay. You?"
"I've put myself up for adoption."
(Pause for laughter.)
"Well... I should probably..."
"Me, too."
"It was nice to see you."
"It was nice to see you."
(Hugs.)
"Take care."
"You, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment