Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Night In Woodland Hills

A warm evening in Woodland Hills. A delightful volunteer appreciation dinner courtesy of the Motion Picture Television Fund. "Don't say I don't schlep you to the best places," I said to longtime hubby, handing him a drink ticket. "I wouldn't dare."
A lovely party under a big tent strung with twinkle lights. "You know how I love the twinkle lights," I reminded my date, handing him another drink ticket. "You feel strongly about the twinkle lights." "I really do." Twinkle lights are part of my personal belief system, along with dental floss and caffeine. They just make me happy.
A well-established SJG factoid for your files. I'm very easy to surprise, mainly because I'm just oblivious when good things are headed my way. Last night, the wonderful Fredda Johnson, Director, Volunteer Engagement, sent me into total shock when she called my name and gave me this unexpected, very pretty and quite shiny glass plaque.
I mean, come on. It's not often that someone gives you an award for anything. In my case, it's pretty much never. So I was farklempt and honored and did an understated hora on my way to get it. I may have uttered my daddy's famous line: "For me?" Or maybe it was just in my keppy. "Don't get used to this," Fredda whispered later.

No comments:

Post a Comment