Thursday, June 14, 2018

Special Delivery

In school they taught us many things,
Things we liked and/or detested.
One thing never was requested,
But oh, how the pendulum swings.

Today I learned a regimen,
It chilled me from top to bottom.
"Here's a pouch for when you've got some,
Seal and send us your specimen."

"Well, I'll give it deep reflection,
But the thought does disturb me so.
It's beneath me to sink this low,
I say no to this collection."

"It's for your health," she insisted.
"Trust me, hon, there's nothing to it.
Just make up your mind and do it.
Don't be the fool who resisted."

"Okay, okay," I told the nurse.
"On your behalf, I'll do my best.
You want it that much, be my guest."
Under my breath, I said a curse.

I rushed right home and did the deed.
I couldn't help but kvetch and moan.
I was out of my comfort zone.
May the contents be well-received.

2 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I have never, ever seen an ode to this particular type of specimen collection. Glad you complied, hope there's nothing to talk about there, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure I’m the first and hopefully the last! You’re welcome!

    ReplyDelete