Sunday, June 17, 2018

Stay Sharp

For Father's Day, I told the father of my two children, "Let's go online and pick out your gift." To which he said, "You don't have to get me anything." To which I said, "We're standing, we're walking into the office, we're buying you a gift." "But I don't need anything." "What part of 'get up' aren't you getting?" Whereupon, longtime hubby made his way to the computer and ordered himself something that I'm sure very few fathers would dream of receiving on their special all-about-me-and-not-you-day: A knife sharpening kit. "I've wanted this forever." "Than you shall have it," I said, clicking on this and that. When it arrived on Friday, he said, "I won't open it till Sunday." "Why?" "It's more fun to open it on Sunday." To up the fun factor, I waited till he was out, then wrapped it and put on a pretty bow. That's how thoughtful I am. This morning, he opened it. "How did you know this is what I wanted?" "You told me."

No comments:

Post a Comment