Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Need That Watch

       Leslie: "It worries me so when he stops his heart this way. It's
       over three hours, isn't it?" Anna: "Yes. But it does relax him."
"Dad, how did you come up with that special watch in 'Our Man Flint?'" "I invented it.  He'd pretend to be dead and the little hand on the watch would come out and tap him awake."  "It's brilliant. I want one for hubby.  He falls asleep on the sofa every night and comes upstairs late and wakes me up.  I need that watch.  Where can I get one?"  "You can't."  "Why not?"  "They built it, sweetie."  "Why didn't they give it to you so that you could give it to me?"  "I didn't ask."  "But I need it."  "Sorry, sweetie."  "I need that watch, Dad."  "I'm saying goodbye now."

2 comments:

  1. Your dad had the coolest job. Mine was an insurance salesman. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But he never got to invent an alarm watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But did he get a gold watch at retirement? See what I did there?

    ReplyDelete